Saturday, October 10, 2009

In Pictures: the Courtyard

Okay, so I am exhausted. Seriously. I was going to write the amazing blog (psych), but my arms hurt just from being a bit high so that i can type, and by a bit high i mean above my belly button. And i need sleep because of the concert last night, so I'm sure this blog would make no sense anyways! So, here are some pictures, with captions even! EEEE Gads!!!!! But I dont have class tomorrow until 3ish. So i will be writing a nice little blog tomorrow expling the world and writing letters. And then to the downtown for a history lesson. Fabulous, I know. So that is the way it shall be.

Caroline: I want you to know, that everyone here wears jellies. Its freaking ridiculous. The babies, tons of guys- everyone. They're like the jack rodgers but they have the jelly part covering the toes as well. Smart no? Oh well, thinking of you, and I love you.

-Ananda


Brother: Moussa with ze corn
Brother: Mamadou with said corn as well

Me with said corn.


Corn made on the castiron charcoal... thingy



Khalifa cooking the corn in the coals on the cast iron................. thingy




me with the breadbowl at dinner...at 10:30pm. its approximately 94 degrees with the heat index





Sister: Ama at dinner






My desk with the essentials: nalgene, bug spray, sunblock, money, gorilla pod, cashews, and squishy ball.







Mosquitooo neeeetttt








Khalifa with the bananas from the banana tree!!!









Said boys shower door.










the courtyard from the oppisite angle. I was sitting in that chair yesterday when I wrote the pictures in my head blog. and the cooking stuff was to the left in the picture. for the record that is











banana tree all chopped off : (












2 comments:

  1. Again, your writing creates a film reeling in my mind. Is Rachel taking care of making sure the rash is seen about? Moms worry, you know. Golly, that corn looks AWESOME! I can think of so many things to do with fresh roasted corn!! And, bananas that have not been picked green and then shipped across the world to us - I wonder what they taste like. Please describe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shucks, your going to make me blush. Yep, when I first got my heat rash I had to go to the pharmacie to get something... its a bunch of french gibberish, but I just used that on this rash too and its doing well. The corn was interesting- it was crispy on the outside with the normal cornish taste on the inside, and it tasted like plain popcorn. Just interesting. And when I get to eat one of those awesome bananas in the next few weeks (they have to ripen a little bit) I promise I will tell you.

    ReplyDelete