Friday, October 16, 2009

Great Success

Right now I'm talking to Rachel on skype. Greatest success yet.
Yesterday I helped peel and prepare all the vegetalbes for dinner. It made me miss cooking a lot. Anyways, I looked ridiculous- I was in bright blue pants, a pastel yellow oxford, and had a bucket full of water and vegetables on top of a stool, and of top of the open part of the bucket was a bowl being balanced, where I was trying to cut the onions witha reallyu dull knife. But I was still a champion. And I cut the potatoes for the fries! ( no, they are more like, potatoes which are marinated in oil).

I also got to eat my first two bananas that were freshly picked from the banana tree. Its not that bananas in the US are bad. Its just here they have so much more flavor- as in they have it. While they are green on the outside, they are perfectly ripe and delicious on the inside, with little intricate flavors that are so subtle that they must be lost when they go over seas. So yes Mama Miller, they are amazing.

1 comment: