Friday, September 25, 2009

Quick Update

room to read office
current tv station!
kiva.org
an example of the amazing ideo invetions
my train study for the ideo teaching

We got up at 6 am today and it is currently 11:46 pm, so I am tired to say the least. A quick recap, and then I shall cover it more sufficiently when I have more sleep in my system.
6:30 departure.
Ride to Paulo Alto
Meet with donors and people connected to GCY- Huge foundation representatives & non profit persons. Meet them at a donors house where we had bagels and coffee over one of the most beautiful views ever.
Off to IDEO, the coolest design firm in the whole world I'm convinced. Heather & Dana- they had an orange book in their office building. Had a planning exercise run with us and we received a tour of the facility.
Off to Kiva, where we met with the founder & CEO Matt and had a great conversation with him while we got to ask him questions.
Then to the Room To Read headquarters where three of the top managers gave us a presentation and answered questions. This is by far one of my favorite oranizations out there.
Lunch at a Guatemalan Restuarant.
A surprise.... which turned out to be visiting the Current (channels) international headquarters on the way back. We met with one of the major project managers and he explained the whole station and answered questions about producing & filming for our coming year.
Went back to Petaluma and IONS.
2/3 toothbrush boxes are here and Mrs. Angells chapstick!

Oh, and I was in Al Gores office at Current (which is basically his tv station). And I have a picture that will come. Night yall. Love

No comments:

Post a Comment